[Dawn-DAWG] Dawn DAWG: Telecon Thur. Feb 5 at 0730 PST (1630 CET)

Chen, Richard L (398G) richard.l.chen at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 5 08:02:20 PST 2015

I hadn't thought to record the meeting, so if the following needs
corrections, please do so and resend. Thanks,

Richard

Attendees: Marco, Richard, Tom, Carol N, Carol R, William

VIR (Marco)
Cruise: no action. any action, Joe?
higher level: no news either. currently working on it
calibrated: will have news next meeting. No new data to be deliverd.
Calibration still under evaluation.

VIR (Carol R)
Regarding the calibration, she talked to Cristina and Eleanara (?): there
is a largely stable calibration through the region of 2.5 to 3.5 microns.
The contamination within the HAMO datasets has not been understood well
enough that there's a good enough general correction. Some contamination
from a cryocooler around 3 microns ramped up over time, went away,
repeated. Team is trying to figure out how to model that. Users are likely
to misinterpret data as a water band. There may be a good solution.
They'll deliver a new calibration with the approach, survey, LAMO, HAMO.
For HAMO, they would cut out the 2.5 to 3.5 bands. In summary: instead of
a hole in the calibration, there will be a hole in the HAMO data files.

Carol N says this will cause extra reviews, which she's been asked to
reduce, but this is certainly better than not getting the data.

William will be done today with the Cruise pre-vesta volumes.

GRaND
Tom: no updates for Vesta data.
Carol R wonders if Joe may have lost track of the liens-resolved data. Tom
and Joe will resolve.