[Everyone] ELFIN selected by NASA-LCAS: Celebration today at 3pm / Slichter 3853

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Fri May 23 10:37:15 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Please join us this afternoon in celebrating our ELFIN cubesat's selection by NASA, as part of the Low-Cost Access to Space (LCAS) program in Heliophysics! We will have cookies and ice cream in Slichter 3853 at 3pm, along with some liquid refreshment. All are welcome!

The tiny satellite will study mechanisms for the loss of relativistic electrons from the radiation belts, and is being developed, built and tested by a team of over 30 undergradutes at UCLA. To learn more please visit our website http://elfin.igpp.ucla.edu, or join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ELFINSatellite

Cheers!!

-Vassilis and the ELFIN Team