[IGPP Everyone] Meteorite Hunt scheduled for 19 Apr 2015

John Wasson jtwasson at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:27:33 PDT 2015

To: Colleagues in EPSS and IGPP

From: John Wasson

Re: North Edwards Meteorite Hunt

We are organizing another meteorite hunt in North Edwards, about 20
miles east of Mojave.

All faculty, staff and grad students are invited.A few undergrads may be
allowed to join us, they should email me to if they want to be included.

We will rent one van but otherwise rely on carpooling.

We will meet at the Chemistry Loading Dock at 0730 and try to be on the
road by 0745.Participants can also meet us at the field site at 0930.You
can even come later, but it slightly complicates our efforts to organize
systematic searches by teams.

The weather should be good at this time of the year.There will be some
straggler wildflowers still in bloom.

If you want to join us, please respond to this email.If you want to come
but are not certain that you will be free, please state how likely it is
that you can participate.

I will send those who reply further information in about a week.

John