[IGPP Everyone] Space physics seminars: Winter quarter EPSS M288A, AOS M275A, Fridays 3:30pm Rm 6704

Vassilis Angelopoulos vassilis at ucla.edu
Fri Jan 2 14:16:51 PST 2015

Dear all

We are about to start another fun-filled series of space physics seminars in Winter 2015!

I attach the list of speakers. Journal Club reminders are also in order. The list of talks and

tentative titles is attached below. Our first seminar will be next Friday (January 9th) and

will be given by Professor Martin Connors of Athabasca University, and is titled:

“Removing the Veil of Field-Aligned Current Ambiguity”.

Best regards

Vassilis Angelopoulos

---WINTER 2015, Space Physics Seminar Series

Week    Date                                      Speaker               Topic (TBC)

1              January 9, 2015                 Martin ConnorsRemoving the Veil of Field-Aligned Current Ambiguity

2              January 16, 2015               Shahab Fatemi  Modeling plasma interactions with airless bodies (Moon, Callisto, Rhea and Europa)

3              January 23, 2015               Quintin Schiller  The CSSWE CubeSat: Understanding the outer radiation belt through modeling and measurements

4              January 30, 2015               David Sibeck       Magnetosphere Response to IMF changes

5              February 6, 2015               Brian Walsh        The plasmaspheric plume and solar wind-magnetosphere coupling

6              February 13, 2015            Mitsuo Oka         Electron energy partition in the above-the-looptop solar hard X-ray sources

7              February 20, 2015            Frank Jenko        Turbulent energy dissipation in the solar wind: What can kinetic simulations tell us?

8              February 27, 2015            Baptiste CecconiCassini/Exoplanets

9              March 6, 2015                    Herb Carlson      Challenges in high-latitude geospace science

10           March 13, 2015                  Anna Tenerani  Magnetic reconnection: effects of viscocity