[IGPP Everyone] Runnegar-Wasson retirement party

John Wasson jtwasson at ucla.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:15:08 PDT 2015

We (B. Runnegar and J. Wasson) are retiring at the end of June.With
support by McKeegan, Brown et al. we are planning a “real” party for the
early evening of Thursday May 25. Please save the date.

The party will be held in Geology room 3722, the “Oceanography Lab” from
5 to 7 pm.The adjacent Meteorite Gallery (room 3697) will also be open
during the party.

There will be no speeches, no gifts and no cake.Instead there will be
beverages and savory/salty food (sufficient to satisfy supper hunger).

All are invited.The first 10-15 minutes will consist of filling glasses,
followed by a few welcoming remarks by John and Bruce, possibly followed
by some short roasting remarks from colleagues.

Serious food will be available after 5:30.

We understand that an early evening party on a workday imposes hardships
on some of you.We apologize for this, and hope that you nonetheless can
find a way to attend.

In a few days we will send out another request for an rsvp to help us
decide how much food to purchase.