[IGPP Everyone] more details about the retirement party

John Wasson jtwasson at ucla.edu
Tue Jun 23 14:02:49 PDT 2015

Here is some more information about the Runnegar-Wasson retirement party
on June 25.

This will mainly be a party.Entertainment will be written small.Thus,
although I mentioned “roasts” in the original invitation, Bruce and I
want to mainly emphasize your and our ability to move around the room
and chat (and eat and drink).

So here’s how I (JTW) plan the “entertainment”.Bruce and I will greet
everyone.McKeegan and Garcia-Garibay will say a few words.Depending on
the time we will have a roast or two. Alan Rubin tells me he has
prepared a poem.

However, the entertainment will stop at about 5:30 and we will start to
eat and chat (and drink some more).

If there are others who would like to say a few words, we will reopen
the mike later, perhaps around 6:15. All presentations should be short,
like 3 min. If a projector is needed, this can be arranged. Please let
me know if you want to say or do something. And, if inspiration comes
later, you can still tell me on Thursday evening.

Our goal in making the food available at 5:30 is to permit some food and
some chatting to those who need to leave earlier than 7:00 (and, for
those who want to keep partying after 7, the closing time is not really
fixed).

John