[IGPP Everyone] Staff transitions UPDATE

Brown, Carlene cbrown at epss.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 11 12:15:58 PDT 2016

Dear Everyone,

While David Riley and Gloria Contreras happily enjoy their newfound life of leisure, many of us are busily working to fill the large hole they have left behind in the department. :) Here is the most up-to-date information on our EPSS administrative staff replacements:

*         Building Manager - Will Greer is currently filling the position at 75% time for 2015-16 (with the remainder of his time devoted to Chris Russell's group), and several staff members are temporarily covering miscellaneous duties previously assigned to David.

o   Will splits his time between 3686B Geology (David's office) and 6880 Slichter Hall; he will leave a notice of his whereabouts on the 3686B door;

o   Will is best reached on his cell phone at 805-428-2478;

o   His email address is wgreer at igpp.ucla.edu<mailto:wgreer at igpp.ucla.edu>.

*         Purchasing Assistant - we expect to hire someone within the next couple of weeks; please stay tuned for more information.

Included below and attached is an updated list of responsibility coverage (changes highlighted in yellow).

NOTE: if you notice any urgent problems in the building, e.g. leaking faucets, etc. please feel free to contact the Facilities Trouble Desk directly: you can call them at X59236 or complete an online trouble ticket at: http://www.troublecall.ucla.edu/tcall_plsql/pkg_tc.newTicket. As a follow-up, please notify Will Greer or me.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and thank you very much for your continued patience during this period of transition.

Best regards,

Carlene

CONTRERAS RESPONSIBILITIES

DUTY

ASSIGNED TO

NOTES

BAR charges

Mike R

key deposits, supplies

Catering orders

Rick F

Departmental check deposits

Rick F

Entertainment orders

Mike R

Eclipse alumni trip, et al

FedEx/UPS bills

Rick F

General orders

Mike R / Rick F

Send all requests to Mike R and cc Elyse C; work will be split with Rick F

Pcard orders

Mike R

Rick F as backup

Phone bills

Rick F

Praxair/Airgas orders

Rick F

Relocation (new faculty)

Elyse C / Mike R

Sub-contract invoices

Rick F

RILEY RESPONSIBILITIES

DUTY

ASSIGNED TO

NOTES

Building manager

Will G

Carlene B,  Steve S as backup

Classroom equipment needs

Steve S / Mike R

data projector, etc.; Elyse C and Carlene B as backup

Copy machines

Mike R

ID codes, monthly readings

Course evaluations

Yasmin T

Event support

Will G

move tables, etc.

FSR follow-up negotiations

Will G

repairs, new lab setups, etc.

FSR request processing

Rick F

Inventory - space/equipment

Carlene B / Jim N

Key checkout/deposits

Steve S

Will G, Carlene B, Mike R as backup

Lab inspections

Will G

Lock changes - combination

Steve S

includes individual combination requests

Mail sorting/delivery

Rick F / student workers

Parking, courtesy

Rick F

Elyse C and Carlene B as backup

Parking permits

Jim N

Sales&Service, invoices

Carlene B

billing outside entities; recording income received

Sales&Service, recharges

Carlene B

billing other departments; Elyse C as backup

Telephone requests

Rick F / Will G

Information Technology Services (ITS)

Textbook orders

Faculty order online

Mike R to provide support

Trouble calls (Facilities)

Everyone (x59236)

http://www.troublecall.ucla.edu/tcall_plsql/pkg_tc.newTicket

Vehicles

Will G / Carlene B

reservations, inspections, servicing/repairs, claims

Carlene Brown
CAO, Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences