[IGPP Everyone] EPSS admin staff support - patience requested

Brown, Carlene cbrown at epss.ucla.edu
Tue Jul 19 07:17:31 PDT 2016

Dear Everyone,

I hope your summer is going well. As you know we are experiencing significant transition in the EPSS administrative support offices due to recent staff retirements.  In addition, we are very short-handed as many staff members are out this month on previously planned vacations, or absent for other reasons such as training or illness. Unfortunately I fall into the latter category - I fell ill this weekend with a serious infection and am out on doctor's orders to rest for the week. :(

This means that the remaining staff are badly overburdened trying to handle their regular duties as well as cover for their colleagues. Wherever possible please do your part to help lighten the load by:

*         Minimizing your requests to staff during this time;

*         Being extra patient if things take longer than usual,;

*         Responding quickly to any requests from staff; and

*         Meeting proposal/budget, etc. deadlines early.

I expect that things will get better as we approach fall quarter, and will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks for your help!

Carlene

Carlene Brown
CAO, Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences
Phone: 310-825-9784
Fax: 310-825-2779