[IGPP Everyone] Rooftop viewing of the Mercury transit across the Sun, Monday May 9th, 8am-9:30am (6th floor Geology bldg.)

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Mon May 9 09:42:04 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I've been checking periodically and the cloud cover is still impenetrable... probably a wash thanks to the LA marine layer. There are some nice photos and commentary here, including a hilarious news story from Manchester England in 1907 where they had similar weather non-compliance. Next chance is Nov. 11 2019, though Mercury will be even smaller as it is at perihelion then, we tried!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/live/2016/may/09/transit-of-mercury-2016-follow-todays-celestial-event-live

cheers,

-E