[IGPP Everyone] Use of University Mail Services - please read

Brown, Carlene cbrown at epss.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 26 10:48:11 PDT 2016

[UCLA]Mail, Document & Distribution Services

October 26, 2016
MEMBERS OF THE CAMPUS COMMUNITY
Re: Use of University Mail Services
Colleagues:
As we enter the winter holiday season, we would like to remind all staff and faculty to refrain from sending personal items through the campus mail stream. Historically, with the advent of online ordering of gifts for friends and family, we have seen an increase in the use of UCLA as a delivery address for personal shopping. In the past, this inappropriate use of UCLA Mail Services has caused significant delays in the processing of important business mail in November, December and early January.
UCLA Mail Services are to be used for University-related business only. UCLA Policy 310 states: "Mail Services are reserved for official University business only. Personal mail, personal bills, and personal e-commerce (e.g., personal online purchases) are not considered official business, and may neither be received in campus departments nor sent out at University expense."
UCLA Mail Services does not police the mail, as we treat all mail with the utmost importance. In an effort to ensure timeliness of business mail, we ask that all members of the campus community take responsibility for compliance with University policy regarding mail services.
In advance, we thank you for your cooperation.
David Aberbuch
Director
Mail, Document & Distribution Services