[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Departmental Colloquium 2/16/17

aurnou aurnou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:52:17 PST 2017

Our EPSS Colloquium speaker this week will be EPSS's own Bruce Runnegar. His talk is entitled:

Problematical Fossils

Coffee and cookies will be served at 3:30pm in the commons room, followed by the seminar at 4pm in 3656 Geology.

********************************
Thursday Colloquium
DEPARTMENT OF EARTH, PLANETARY, AND SPACE SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES

Title: Problematical Fossils

Abstract: Problematical fossils are those that are fascinating, well preserved and abundant, but are difficult to classify and understand. They range in age from Archean to almost Modern, but are most commonly found in the early part of the Phanerozoic when the animal phyla were diverging. I’ll review examples encountered during my career and discuss current approaches to solving the mysteries of the Problematica.

Bruce Runnegar

http://epss.ucla.edu/people/faculty/576/ <http://igppweb.ucsd.edu/%7Ecathy/Cathy_Constables_Home_Page/Welcome.html>

Thursday, February 16, 2017
Room 3656 Geology
4:00 - 5:00 PM

Coffee and Cookies will be served in the Commons Room at 3:30.