[IGPP Everyone] NOW **Slichter 3853**: Special Space Physics Seminar, Tues. 1/17 3:30pm: "Turbulence and physics of energetic particles" (A. Lazarian, U. Wisconsin)

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 17 15:25:20 PST 2017

"Turbulence and physics of energetic particles"
Alex Lazarian
University of Wisconsin

I shall discuss a few processes of particle acceleration (a)
acceleration by turbulent reconnection, (b) acceleration by shocks
with enhancing magnetic field by turbulent dynamo, (c) stochastic
acceleration in Alfvenic turbulence. I shall also discuss the
suppression of the streaming instability by turbulence and show the
effects of this on the observed cosmic ray anisotropies.

Slichter 3853 IGPP Conference Room
Tuesday January 17th, 3:30pm

In Charge: Marco Velli