[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] New Phishing Email

SALYARDS, STEPHEN salyards at epss.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 6 11:31:33 PDT 2017

Greetings,
  Having received multiple emails about another spear phishing email, I thought I would pass on the information and repeat my usual advice.

This one comes with the subject line "1 new important message", the brief message body "You have 1 Important message from the school faculty." And a Sign In link. It also has a copyright notice from the Regents.

One person reports that if you hit the sign in link the page you get looks like the real thing.

Please ignore and delete. In the event you happened to click on the link and try to log in please change your UCLA logon ID ASAP.

As always, the brevity of the message, the very non-UCLA return address and the presence of a Sign In link are all clues that it is not authentic.

Thanks for your help
Steve Salyards