[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Another week, another phishing email

SALYARDS, STEPHEN salyards at epss.ucla.edu
Mon Jun 12 11:16:23 PDT 2017

Greetings,
   Just a note to alert you to the latest phishing email. It looks something like this

Dear User,

Please note that your are running low of Subscription data.,

Your email might be closed, kindly click activate to add more MB to your mailbox.
MyUCLA Webmail

Again, all the signs of phishing, like coming from a UK email address and a link to click on to resolve a problem.

I would first remind you UCLA emails won't have a link to click but give you instructions as to what to do.

I would also add that on UCLA email systems (that would include the @ucla.edu address and the @epss.ucla.edu address) there is nothing you as a user can do to get more space. The @ucla.edu system is now almost unlimited. As for the @epss.ucla.edu, that has quotas but for a quota increase you need to check with me.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions
Steve Salyards