[IGPP Everyone] Fwd: [EPSS Everyone] Havac is cleaning the ducts in Slichter Hall, starting March 7, Please contact me if you have any question.

Jim Nakatsuka jnakatsu at igpp.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:18:27 PST 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "wgreer" <wgreer at igpp.ucla.edu>
To: everyone at epss.ucla.edu
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 1:28:24 PM
Subject: [EPSS Everyone] Havac is cleaning the ducts in Slichter Hall, starting March 7, Please contact me if you have any question.

Hi everyone in Slichter Hall,

Facilities will be cleaning the ducts out in Slichter Hall. The last
time they did this black particles fell from the ducts in the ceiling
for months. This is to be expected do to the brushes dislodging the
buildup within the ducts over the past 15 to 20 years. So expect loose
particles. If you would like to cover your tables or benches or other
items, I can give you plastic sheeting that will cover your work area's
until the Particles subside.

I believe they will be going into labs, offices and anywhere else hot or
cold air is being blown into your room. If you have special needs to
protect your area's from falling particles please email or contact me by
phone so we can come up with a reasonable solution. If you have
breakables or you have valuables you want to protect, put them in a file
cabinet that locks or take them home until all the work has been completed.

I will hopefully know more about their schedule when they arrive
tomorrow at 6:00am.

Sorry for the upcoming two decade old clean out of our ducts.

William

805-428-2478