[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] REVISED ordering/travel procedures - please read

Brown, Carlene cbrown at epss.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:05:16 PST 2017

Dear Everyone,

I want to inform you about recent changes to departmental ordering/travel procedures, as part of our ongoing effort to improve processes.

>From now on, Frankie Masi and Rick Fort will process all orders, travel reservations, travel reimbursements, and other reimbursements - primarily via the orders at epss.ucla.edu<mailto:orders at epss.ucla.edu> mailbox. Mike Rathjen will shift his focus to fund management and will no longer process orders or travel requests, except in a backup capacity.

Orders

*         Send all requests to orders at epss.ucla.edu<mailto:orders at epss.ucla.edu>  and include:

o   Item details - specific ordering information, part number, quantity/color/type, etc. or a link to item(s);

o   Date item needed by - regular orders are processed within two business days; rush orders include priority shipping charges. NOTE: please reserve rush order requests for true emergencies;

o   Recharge ID or FAU to be charged (not just account nickname);

o   Preferred vendor (if any) - note that Amazon requests may be placed from a different vendor if we obtain a better discount elsewhere;

o   Any special ordering notes.

*         Alternatively, use the LVO Form on the EPSS website: http://epss.ucla.edu/resources/forms/;

*         Electronic requests are preferred but hard copy order forms may be submitted to the new ORDERS/TRAVEL mailbox in the 3684 mailroom (east side, bottom row).

Travel reservations

*         Send requests to orders at epss.ucla.edu<mailto:orders at epss.ucla.edu> and include:

o   Traveler's full name (exactly as it appears on passport/driver's license) and date of birth;

o   Email address and phone number;

o   Travel dates and destination;

o   Purpose of trip;

o   Recharge ID or FAU to be charged (not just account nickname);

o   Other information - seat preference, frequent flier number, TSA precheck, etc.

Travel reimbursements

*         Complete the EPSS Travel Form or Travel Worksheet (either is fine) on the EPSS website: http://epss.ucla.edu/resources/forms/;

*         Scan all required receipts/supporting documents and email completed form with documents to orders at epss.ucla.edu<mailto:orders at epss.ucla.edu>, with "TRAVEL" on the subject line;

*         Alternatively, submit hard copies of the form and supporting documents to the new ORDERS/TRAVEL mailbox in 3684 Geology;

NEW REQUIREMENT: the University requires all employee travelers to sign their approval of any reimbursement request submitted in their name, to confirm that reported expenses are accurate and business-related. Frankie or Rick will ask you to sign the original paper work in person (preferred), or they can send it to you electronically if you are not available.

Other reimbursements (not travel)

*         Note that using personal funds for business expenses is strongly discouraged, and purchases should be made directly by the University whenever possible;

*         Reminder: campus maximum for reimbursements is $1,000;

*         Complete the Reimbursement Form on the EPSS website: http://epss.ucla.edu/resources/forms/;

*         Send completed form and receipt(s) to orders at epss.ucla.edu<mailto:orders at epss.ucla.edu>.

Thank you for your help in following these procedures, and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,

Carlene

Carlene Brown
CAO, Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences
Phone: 310-825-9784
Fax: 310-825-2779