[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] SPECIAL GEOCHEMINAR: TUESDAY NOV 28

Kevin McKeegan kmckeegan2008 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:23:17 PST 2017

*GEOCHEMINAR*

*Dr. Christoph** Burkhardt*

Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Institut für Planetologie

Münster

*Nucleosynthetic isotope anomalies as tracers of planetary genetics*

The discovery of nucleosynthetic isotope anomalies in bulk meteorites and
chondrite components is currently revolutionizing our understanding of the
early solar system. These anomalies not only allow to directly constrain
the genetic relations of planetary materials, but also trace the dynamical
evolution of the (proto-)planetary disk and the accretion history of
planets. In this talk I will present some of our recent work on the topic,
with a focus on chondrules and an update on the isotopic dichotomy between
carbonaceous and non-carbonaceous bodies initially described in Warren 2011.

*3853 Slichter (conference room)*

*Tuesday, November **28th **at 2:00pm*

*all are welcome!*

--
Kevin D. McKeegan
Professor of Cosmochemistry & Geochemistry
mckeegan at epss.ucla.edu