[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] MFA is less than one week away

SALYARDS, STEPHEN salyards at epss.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:37:16 PDT 2017

Greetings,

Just another reminder about the upcoming Multifactor Authentication (MFA) deadline which is now less than one week away. (Next Tuesday to be precise)

If you have already set it up - Thank you!  But as of a couple of days ago only about one-third of you had registered. Please be aware of the approaching deadline.

Today I received an allotment of the hardware tokens. If you had previously requested one I will be trying to track you down before the deadline. Or, stop by and check with myself or Rod top pick one up.

As a reminder the home page for MFA information is at: https://www.it.ucla.edu/security/resources/mfa-at-ucla

To get started setting up MFA you need to go to https://my.logon.ucla.edu

More detailed information and instructions for the various options are available:
Instructions for the DUO app are at https://help.bol.ucla.edu/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=kb0012931
Instructions for a tablet are at https://help.bol.ucla.edu/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=kb0013082#step_2
Instructions for a cell phone text message/phone call are at https://help.bol.ucla.edu/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=kb0013089#step_2
And Instructions for a landline are at https://help.bol.ucla.edu/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=kb0013091#step_2

If you are using a hardware token it is best to set up MFA with one of the other methods first, even if it is only your office landline.
Then you can set up the hardware token right away at the BOL helpdesk in Kerckhoff Hall.

Or, if you want to save yourself the walk, once you have activated with one of the other methods you can submit a request to activate the hardware token. The on-line form is here
http://ucla.in/2jLINxu

You may get confirmation in as little as a couple of hours or in a couple days.

Thanks for your help. Please check with Rod or myself if you have questions
Steve