[IGPP Everyone] At noon today! PLANETARY SCIENCE SEMINAR: Ned Wright (UCLA), noon, Slichter 3853

jtwasson jtwasson at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 8 11:06:13 PST 2018

PLANETARY SCIENCE SEMINAR

Prof. Ned Wright

UCLA

Four Missions and a Proposal

Where: Slichter 3853

When: Thursday 8 March 2018 at 12:00 noon

I will talk about one balloon telescope and four space missions I have been involved with (COBE, WMAP, Spitzer & WISE) that have all made planetary observations. The all-sky survey missions COBE, WMAP and WISE have large data archives that are certainly not all mined out, and I will show several examples based on the NEOWISE archive. Finally I will discuss NEOCam, and proposed missions dedicated to an IR survey for asteroids.