[IGPP Everyone] EPSS/EYU booth at CicLAvia, UCLA Centennial Hub

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 8 17:43:09 PDT 2019

Hello all,

Proud to share with you some photos from this epic event, CicLAvia, where the downtown streets were closed off for ~10,000 cyclists to ride freely. UCLA Centennial had a huge exhibition in front of city hall for people to interact, and we were invited to represent EPSS and EYU with the Augmented Reality Sandbox, ELFIN CubeSat, and GALE Lab. All run by LADWP solar power.

Photos: https://ucla.box.com/s/256d98fhjmgixx2rfod1j7hv2nbuf7nl

Huge thanks to my dedicated team, it was a long day but we reached well over a thousand people! Tyler Dorn shared about wind erosion on Mars and the upcoming Mars 2020 rover mission, while Henry Gonzalez and Sourav Saha rocked it in the black "Enter Sandman" tent, which was hot but packed all day. People took photos posing with ELFIN, played with magnet demos and a solar motor, saw the sun up close, and examined a meteorite under a microscope (Bondoc). Thanks to Fik Beyene, Mike Hartinger, Laura Iglesias, and Reuben Rozario for spending their Sunday in the sun for EPSS!!

best,

Emmanuel

P.S. if youre available Oct 22-24th, we need a few more volunteers for ELFIN and the sandbox downtown, visit YOMOLA.com and let me know this week if you can help any of those days, expecting 15,000 people... Thanks!