[IGPP Everyone] News re: "Space Institute" at UCLA, town hall meeting with Dean Miguel Garcia-Garibay, Wed. April 28th, 4-5pm

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:07:45 PDT 2021

Dear UCLA Space community,

As many of you know, there is interest across campus to create an umbrella institute focused on space science which will provide a common face to the world, enhance inter-disciplinary ties, and provide an intellectual home for many research activities that are world class but disjointed. This would also help with recruitment of high-quality graduate and undergraduate students, from diverse backgrounds, , and facilitate our connections with government and industry.

I'd like to have an "all hands" meeting, to discuss recent developments in the planning of such a Space Institute at UCLA. We'll also be hearing from the Dean of Physical Science at this meeting, Prof. Miguel Garcia-Garibay.

Date: Wednesday, April 28th, 4-5pm.

https://ucla.zoom.us/j/96107782787

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Jacob