[IGPP Everyone] NOW: 6/9 1:30pm: SPACE Institute Executive Director Candidate: Scott Bolton (SwRI)

Emmanuel Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Thu Jun 9 13:17:14 PDT 2022

Dear UCLA Space Community,

On behalf of Dean Garcia-Garibay and Professor Jacob Bortnik, we would like to invite you to meet with the candidates of the new Executive Director position at the SPACE Institute.

Our third and final candidate, Scott Bolton, is Director of the Space Science and Engineering Division at the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) and Principal Investigator of NASA's Juno mission to Jupiter ( website ) . His campus visit will be held on Thursday 6 /9.

We invite you to attend Dr. Bolton's presentation on his vision for the SPACE Institute at 1:30pm in the JIFRESSE Conference Room. Please join us if you are able. The meeting will be hybrid on zoom and also recorded.

https://ucla.zoom.us/j/98070654630?pwd=aWdrSktueG9xWjU3cDZiQUhGRXV0UT09

Provided below is the spreadsheet for meeting with the candidate. Please fill out your name and email in the provided areas at the preferred time. Meetings will be held in the JIFRESSE Conference Room unless otherwise specified.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VgP42Td_lf5hbhO0lYbOMHVG7FYLUdOflQRlgbN1-Nk/edit?usp=sharing

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the meeting, kindly direct them to Jacob Bortnik or myself and we would be happy to assist. T hank you so much for your response in advance and we hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Alicia Jung
Executive Assistant to the Dean
Physical Sciences, UCLA College