[GEM] THE GEM MESSENGER, Volume 26, Number 30

Newsletter Editor editor at igpp.ucla.edu
Sun Aug 7 13:18:44 PDT 2016

***************************************
THE GEM MESSENGER, Volume 26, Number 30
***************************************

Aug.07,2016

Table of Contents

1. Remembering Maha Ashour-Abdalla: Sharing Photos and Memories of Maha

2. Global Modelling of the Space Weather Chain Workshop: Final Call for Abstracts

1. Remembering Maha Ashour-Abdalla: Sharing Photos and Memories of Maha
From: Jean Berchem (jberchem at ucla.edu)

In about a month, we will be celebrating Maha’s life at the UCLA Faculty Center.  The Memorial will be held in the late afternoon on Friday, September 9, starting at 4:00 pm and will be followed by a buffet reception at around 6:00 pm.  We are in the process of organizing the Memorial session and would appreciate it if you could share some of your memories of Maha by mailing photos and/or short anecdotes to share.maha.memories at gmail.com by the end of August. Thank you.

2. Global Modelling of the Space Weather Chain Workshop: Final Call for Abstracts
From: Andrew P. Dimmock (andrew.dimmock at aalto.fi)

Final call for abstracts: “Global Modelling of the Space Weather Chain”

DEADLINE: 14th August 2016

We are accepting abstracts for the upcoming workshop “Global Modelling of the Space Weather Chain” to be held in Helsinki, Finland from 24 - 28 October 2016.

The discussed topics will include, but are not limited to the following areas:
1) Solar-wind and CME modelling
2) Global and Local Geo-space modelling
3) Operation space weather needs
4) Model integration

Format: Talks, posters and open discussion sessions.
Fees: 150eur for full participants, and 100eur for students
Financial support: Limited availability to students only
Dates: 24-28 October 2016
Location: Aalto University campus, Espoo, Finland

Please visit the workshop webpage www.spaceweatherchain2016.aalto.fi for more details, and instructions for submitting your abstract.

For questions please email: questions.gmswc at gmail.com

We look forward to receiving your abstracts, and hope to see you in Helsinki.

Kind regards,
Andrew P. Dimmock (LOC chair) and E. Kilpua (SOC chair)

*The European Geosciences Union (EGU) sponsors this workshop.

<gemeditor at igpp.ucla.edu>

URL of GEM Home Page:  http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki
Workshop Information:  http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem/index.html