[GEM] THE GEM MESSENGER, Volume 26, Number 24

Newsletter Editor editor at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:07:46 PDT 2016

***************************
     THE GEM MESSENGER
***************************

Volume 26, Number 24
Jun.21,2016

Table of Contents

1. 2016 GEM-CEDAR: Reminder to Attend the CEDAR/GEM LWS TR&T Draft Topics Town Hall

2. 2016 GEM-CEDAR: SPEDAS sessions at GEM

3. SESSION: AGU Fall Meeting Session SH016: Science of Space Weather Interactions with Space Technologies

1. 2016 GEM-CEDAR: Reminder to Attend the CEDAR/GEM LWS TR&T Draft Topics Town Hall
From: Eftyhia Zesta and Mark Linton (eftyhia.zesta at nasa.gov)

Dear Colleagues,

This is a quick reminder that the LWS TR&T draft topics for the ROSES 2017 announcement have been posted in our website
http://lwstrt.gsfc.nasa.gov/2017DraftTopicsForComments

with input boxes for comments and feedback on each individual topic, as well as on the overall process. The comment period will remain open until July 18 (the Monday following the SHINE meeting).

The topics will be presented as a poster and in a LWS TR&T town hall discussion during the CEDAR/GEM meeting (town hall at 9:45am June 23) to expose them to as much community input as possible.

Please attend the CEDAR/GEM town hall session and visit the poster.

Sincerely,

Eftyhia Zesta, co-chair
Mark Linton, co-chair
On behalf of the LWS TR&T Steering Committee

2. 2016 GEM-CEDAR: SPEDAS sessions at GEM
From: Vassilis Angelopoulos, Jim Lewis (jwl at ssl.berkeley.edu)

The SPEDAS team will be holding two sessions at the upcoming GEM meeting in Santa Fe, NM, on Friday June 24.

At 1:30 PM, we'll hold a tutorial session for the newly released MMS plugin to SPEDAS, showing how to use the GUI and command-line tools to load, process, and plot MMS data.

At 3:30 PM, we'll have another workshop showing off some of the other capabilities of the recent SPEDAS 2.00 release,  including recent updates to the plugins for THEMIS and some other missions,  and our road map for future development of the SPEDAS framework, plugins, and other online resources.

We expect to have some time for Q&A, installation, and troubleshooting help, after the formal agenda for each session.

Both sessions are scheduled in the SFCC Coronado/DeVargas room.

3. SESSION: AGU Fall Meeting Session SH016: Science of Space Weather Interactions with Space Technologies