[GEM] THE GEM MESSENGER, Volume 29, Number 15

Newsletter Editor editor at igpp.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 8 12:35:26 PDT 2019

***************************
     THE GEM MESSENGER
***************************

Volume 29, Number 15
Jun.08,2019

Announcement submission website: http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gem/messenger_form/

Table of Contents

1. GEM 2019 Workshop: US Ground Magnetometer Advisory Board Meeting, June 24, Monday 1:30PM

1. GEM 2019 Workshop: US Ground Magnetometer Advisory Board Meeting, June 24, Monday 1:30PM
From: Michael Hartinger, Mark Engebretson (mdhartin at vt.edu)

The US ground magnetometer advisory board was formed in 2016 as a community driven effort to (1) review operations/status/performance of all US-funded ground magnetometer arrays, (2) discuss priorities for future ground magnetometer locations in consultation with the wider community including USGS/ULTIMA/NSF, (3) transition towards a Class-II facility/DASI operations model as recommended by the 2015-2016 NSF Geospace Portfolio Review, (4) facilitate the production and dissemination of high level data products that support scientific investigations, spacecraft missions, modeling efforts, and space weather forecasts.

We invite the GEM community to attend our meeting on Monday, June 24 at 1:30 PM, where we’ll discuss updates on all the above items. Later this year, we’ll add new members to the advisory board who either operate ground magnetometers or use magnetometer data to support their scientific investigations and/or space weather monitoring efforts. If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, please attend this GEM meeting or contact Mike Hartinger.

(IMPORTANT: Do not use this web page to post announcements.)

For any other questions, please contact Peter Chi, GEM Communications Coordinator, at <pchi at igpp.ucla.edu>

URL of GEM Home Page:  http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki
Workshop Information:  http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem/index.html