[SPA] SPA SECTION NEWSLETTER, Volume XXVII, Issue 49

Newsletter Editor editor at igpp.ucla.edu
Sun Aug 9 19:13:02 PDT 2020

AMERICAN GEOPHYSICAL UNION
SPA SECTION NEWSLETTER
Volume XXVII, Issue 49
Aug.09,2020

Table of Contents

1. Arecibo Observatory Call for Proposals

2. Magnetosphere Online Seminar Series

3. SCOSTEP/PRESTO Newsletter 24, July 2020

Announcement Submission Website: http://goo.gl/forms/qjcm4dDr4g

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Arecibo Observatory Call for Proposals

From: Christiano G. M. Brum (ASAC Chair) & Maria Womack (ASAC Co-Chair) (tbecker at swri.edu)

We invite proposals for the Arecibo 305-m telescope for the Thursday, Sep 3, 2020 (17:00 AST, 21:00 UTC) deadline. These requests should be for telescope/radar usage within the six-month (or in some cases one-year) period beginning January 1, 2021.

Important notices:
There will be no proposals accepted for Space and Atmospheric Sciences this term due to 430MHz transmitter upgrades.

Proposals should be prepared under the procedures detailed in our guidelines. Please note that these were substantially revised recently by the Arecibo Scheduling Advisory Committee (ASAC) following feedback from Arecibo Observatory Users' Committee (AOUC).

We regret that, due to Congressional restrictions on the use of NASA funds, we are unable to host on-site observers working for institutions in China. Observers from China are welcome to apply for time as remote or in-absentia observers, but should meet the criteria for these observing modes.

Proposals must be submitted using the Proposal Submission Tool.
Please email any questions about this call for proposals to Christiano Brum (cbrum at naic.edu) or Maria Womack (maria.womack at ucf.edu)

http://www.naic.edu/ao/scientist-user-portal/proposal-submission-system/call-for-proposals

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Magnetosphere Online Seminar Series

From: Kyle Murphy, David Sibeck (magnetosphere.seminars at gmail.com)

You are invited to join the Magnetosphere Online Seminar Series every Monday at 12 pm (EDST, 1600 uT).

On Monday Aug 10, Eric Donovan will discuss the Proton Aurora at 12 PM EDST. A link to join the seminar via Zoom or YouTube can be found on our home page (https://msolss.github.io/MagSeminars/). The password to join the Zoom seminar is Mag at 1.

You can see previous talks here - https://msolss.github.io/MagSeminars/blog.html

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

SCOSTEP/PRESTO Newsletter 24, July 2020

From: Patricia Doherty (patricia.doherty at bc.edu)

The Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP) is pleased to announce that its latest SCOSTEP/PRESTO Newsletter is now available.  Click on the following link to access the SCOSTEP/PRESTO Newsletter 24, July 2020.

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/bc1/offices/ISR/SCOSTEP/Multimedia/newsletterarchive/SCOSTEP_PRESTO_Newsletter_Vol24_high_reso.pdf

Past issues may also be found in the Newsletter archive.

https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/research/sites/institute-for-scientific-research/research/SCOSTEP/scostep-resources/newsletter-archive.html

We thank you for your continued support and interest in SCOSTEP/PRESTO.

Kazuo Shiokawa, SCOSTEP President
Ramon Lopez, PRESTO Chair
Patricia Doherty, SCOSTEP Scientific Secretary

The AGU Space Physics and Aeronomy (SPA) Section Newsletter is issued approximately weekly. Back issues are available at:
http://lists.igpp.ucla.edu/pipermail/spa/

To request announcements for distribution by the newsletter, please use the online submission form at:
http://goo.gl/forms/qjcm4dDr4g

To subscribe to the newsletter, please go to the web page at:
(Do not use this web page to post announcements.)

NOTE: Due to the large number of SPA-related sessions at major conferences, the SPA Newsletter can no longer accept announcement requests for individual sessions at AGU, AOGS, COSPAR, EGU, or IAGA Meetings. Titles and web links (if available) of these sessions will be distributed in a special issue of the Newsletter before the abstract deadline.

SPA Web Site: http://spa.agu.org/

SPA Newsletter Editorial Team: Peter Chi (Editor), Guan Le (Co-Editor), Sharon Uy, Marjorie Sowmendran, and Kevin Addison