[W6YRA] Net, New Members, Field Day

Kyle Colton ky.colton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:42:39 PDT 2014

I'd like to be able to say that we didn't plan on having a net this week in
anticipation of Field Day, but unfortunately, it just completely slipped my
mind. We should be back on track next week with our weekly net for everyone
still in the Westwood area.

In addition, I'd like to congratulate our two newest licensees, Amanda Ho
(KK6NNX), and Dylan Schmidt (KK6NNU)! They are currently in Green River, UT
with the UCLA Rocket Project for the annual rocketry competition. The
rocket this year includes a BigRedBee 70cm GPS and transmitter on amateur
bands for tracking and recovery.

Ryan (NX1U) and I were able to get a bit of work done on the roof last
weekend. We've moved part of the antenna switcher assembly onto the roof
and have started re-crimping, identifying, and reconnecting the HF feed
lines. Unfortunately, the antenna switcher is powered, so none of the HF
radios can be used yet, but we hope to fix that soon.

Field Day will probably start off with more roof work, and hopefully
transition into a bit of contesting. Please remember that if you can make
it to the shack this weekend, we'd appreciate the help. Ryan set up a poll
to try and see when people will be in, if you can make it at all, please
mark it down: http://doodle.com/t2midwtmz5kxq394.

73,

Kyle Colton
KK6ENG