[W6YRA] Repeater Net and HAB Update

Kyle Colton kycolton at ucla.edu
Mon May 5 11:23:43 PDT 2014

*Net*
Ryan had an idea to set up a weekly net on the repeater to act as a W6YRA
meeting. To schedule it, I've set up a doodle poll (
http://doodle.com/kgyh84mr3wh6szu8), please fill it out. This would reoccur
weekly, so don't worry about the dates listed, only day-of-the-week and
time matter. In a day or two, we'll check responses and schedule a time to
meet on-air.

For anyone without a radio, we should have someone in the shack on top of
Boelter to let people listen in and comment even if they don't have a
license.

*HAB*
The HAB funding proposal will go in either today or tomorrow. Depending on
what we hear back, we'll try to start meeting regularly again. If you are
interested in working on that, please reply with your time preferences
(choosing from Mon-Fri and 4pm-7pm) and subteam interest (GPS, flight
termination, balloon/fill, structural, radar reflector, payload sensors,
camera, etc.).

It was recommended that we use some sort of online wiki or other group
editing collaborative project to coordinate design. I'm still looking into
that, but I'll try to figure something out as soon as possible.

As always, email me if you have any questions or comments.

73,

Kyle Colton
KK6ENG