[W6YRA] Reminder: Club net Wednesday at 6PM (& shack tour)

Ryan Caron rcaron at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue May 20 15:38:58 PDT 2014

We verified that the repeater has been hooked up to the stacked dipoles, and with the analyzer determined the SWR 2:1 bandwidth is about 20MHz from 443-460MHz, with the sweet spot being 1.3:1 @ 453.5MHz. A good set up for our repeater.

I also zip tied some of the coaxes out of the way of the dipoles, so I expect a bit better performance now.

I'm convinced that the higher SWR we're seeing is from corrosion. I'll confirm this with one of the mobiles & a meter on Saturday.

In other news, N6MQS is apparently off the air, at least temporarily, so we have the channel to ourselves.