[W6YRA] meeting/net tonight @ 6

Ryan Caron rcaron at igpp.ucla.edu
Wed May 21 21:09:07 PDT 2014

Thanks to Paul (KU6T), Junji (KE6WGD), Katie (KK6KCB), Chris (KI6OWK), &
Kyle (KK6ENG) for checking in.

Saturday
---------
Here are a couple links discussing the balloon we're tracking this
weekend: http://habexproject.org/cubex/ and http://www.arkorobotics.com/

Here is some more information on the antenna we'll be building
http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/Product.php?productid=R-8

Repeater mobile coverage & APRS
I have added an amp to my mobile setup, so I now push ~30W into a
magmount. As expected we still loose the repeater right past the Getty.

APRS worked great though http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=12&call=a%2FNX1U

--
73,
Ryan