[W6YRA] High Altitude Balloon Flight

Ryan Caron rcaron at igpp.ucla.edu
Fri Apr 28 10:58:30 PDT 2017

Fellow hams,

W6YRA supported Bruin Space's high altitude balloon flight a couple
weekends ago. I just finished the write up for it for our website -
check it out at: https://w6yra.wordpress.com/pattern/balloon-proton/

It went up to 109,000ft!

The payload contained a VHF APRS transmitter and a UHF RDF transceiver,
and I included a Google Earth KMZ file of the trajectory and a
spreadsheet so you can graph temperatures, ascent/descent rates, and more.

The BSpace folks are going to try to put together another flight later
this quarter, I believe around 8th week. Shout out to the list if you'd
like to be involved in that!

--
73,
Ryan