[Everyone] Congratulations, Marco Velli

Kevin McKeegan kmckeegan2008 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:27:38 PDT 2014

Dear Everyone,
   Please join me in congratulating our new colleague Marco Velli who has
just been named as a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union.  Marco is
cited "For his pioneering work on coronal heating, the origin of the solar
wind, and the theory of solar wind turbulence driven by wave reflections."

As you probably know, the honor of AGU Fellow is given to members who have
made exceptional scientific contributions and attained acknowledged
eminence in the fields of Earth and space sciences. It is limited to no
more than 0.1 percent of the total membership of AGU annually.

Marco and his 2014 Fellows will be recognized during a ceremony on
Wednesday, 17 December, held during the AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco.

Congratulations Marco!

Kevin
--
Kevin D. McKeegan
Professor of Cosmochemistry & Geochemistry
mckeegan at epss.ucla.edu