[IGPP Everyone] Lodging limits for AGU in New Orleans

Richard Fort rfort at igpp.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 14 12:19:02 PDT 2017

The Federal Government has just released the domestic per diem rates for the upcoming fiscal year starting on October 1. Normally, these rates are not relevant to us, but the University uses DOUBLE the Federal lodging limit as the normal maximum for travel reimbursements (this applies for the continental US only, otherwise the Federal limit is our limit, too). Since several of you have asked me about this limit for planning their trip to AGU, the Federal limit for New Orleans in December is $148 per night--meaning the maximum for University travel is $296 per night . Please note that this is the room rate only, before taxes. If you exceed this limit, even for a single night, a business-related justification will be required in order to be reimbursed fully.
Rick