[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Brenda Duran-Weeks

Brown, Carlene cbrown at epss.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 4 17:40:31 PST 2017

Dear Everyone,

I write with very mixed feelings to let you know that Brenda Duran-Weeks is leaving EPSS - and UCLA - and her last day will be this Friday, December 8. She is moving to Vancouver, British Columbia where her husband has been transferred for his job. We hate to see her go but wish her well in her new life across the border.

Brenda's position will be posted as soon as possible but, with the holidays upon us and the many steps required in a staff search process, we likely will not have a new employee in place until late January or February.  Until then I have requested dual employment support from two Physical Science staff members (from Statistics and Math). More information will be forthcoming as soon as those requests are approved.

Let Brenda know this week if you anticipate any personnel/payroll/visa changes in the next couple of months. And thank you in advance for your patience during the transition.

Also, please do stop by Brenda's office between now and Friday to bid her farewell.

Thanks,

Carlene

Carlene Brown
CAO, Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences
Phone: 310-825-9784
Fax: 310-825-2779