[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Ductwork Project

Wessenauer, Eric ericw at epss.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 14 13:17:52 PDT 2017

Dear EPSS,

Starting next Monday, 6/19/17, Facilities will begin replacing the ductwork that serves a few of the fume hoods on the 2nd floor.  Please note that the initial demolition/removal work will create a significant amount of unavoidable noise and vibrations throughout the building.  The initial phase is scheduled to be performed all next week, Mon-Fri, 6/19-23, between the hours of 5:00 am and 12:00 noon to reduce the disruption.

Facilities plans on opening up a few walls on the 2nd and 3rd floors, removing the old ductwork, and ordering new ductwork manufactured to specification.  The new ductwork will take a few weeks to arrive on-site.  Once all the associated parts are on-site, Facilities will begin the installation followed by the wall repairs. The entire project is estimated to take between 3-6 months to complete.

We apologize in advance for the disruption and appreciate your understanding, patience, and cooperation. Please let me or Carlene know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

Eric Wessenauer | Building Manager
UCLA Department of Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences
595 Charles E Young Drive East
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Office Phone:  310.825-1420
Cell Phone:  818.267.9200