[IGPP Everyone] Space Physics Faculty Search: Candidate Seminar Info and Meeting Signup

Emmanuel V. Masongsong emasongsong at igpp.ucla.edu
Wed May 19 13:51:42 PDT 2021

Dear members of the UCLA space physics community,

I'm delighted to announce that due to the exceptional work of the space physics faculty search committee, the short-list of AOS faculty search candidates has been identified, and all the seminar dates have been finalized. The short-listed candidate list can be found here , together with their scheduled seminar dates.

Seminar reminders with relevant ZOOM links will also be sent separately, with the first seminar starting this Friday at 3:30 pm. The Google spreadsheet also includes a sign-up (click worksheets at bottom) and I would encourage anyone interested to sign up to meet each of the candidates, one of whom will hopefully become our new colleague. Since there are only a limited number of available slots, we might need to meet certain candidates in groups.

AOS 275 Space Physics Seminar Schedule
Seminar Date 	Day 	Time 	Speaker 	meeting days

5/21/21 	Friday 	3:30 PM 	Roger Varney 	Th, F

5/26 	Wednesday 	3:00 PM 	Trevor Bowen 	Tu, W

5/27 	Thursday 	3:00 PM 	Sneha Yadav 	Th, F

6/2 	Wednesday 	1:30 PM 	Lara Waldrop 	Tu, W

6/3 	Thursday 	2:30 PM 	Alex Fletcher 	Th, F

6/9 	Wednesday 	3:00 PM 	Xiaojia Zhang 	W, Th

Link to this schedule and meeting signup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nTIa67v-F5Z0YI4ZcXFYMgDzVJaGbrCVMbB94InG8JI/edit#gid=0

Based on AP guidance, we are permitted to share the CV's, research, and teaching statements for each candidate, which are linked from the sign-up sheet.

Again, my thanks to the search committee, CAO Eileen Sir, and Ms. Caitlyn Ongjoco for their incredible administrative support.

Jacob Bortnik, Ph.D.

Professor of Space Physics

Room 7228 Mathematical Sciences Building

Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
https://dept.atmos.ucla.edu/jbortnik