[GEM] THE GEM MESSENGER, Volume 27, Number 52

Newsletter Editor editor at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 7 18:50:57 PST 2017

***************************
     THE GEM MESSENGER
***************************

Volume 27, Number 52
Nov.07,2017

Reminder: Please fill out the GEM Workshop Format Poll at https://goo.gl/forms/Kjfyq3oRVzBWErOB3 by November 10.

Table of Contents

1. Ultra-Large Terrestrial International Magnetometer Array (ULTIMA) Consortium: Updates and New Scientific Results

1. Ultra-Large Terrestrial International Magnetometer Array (ULTIMA) Consortium: Updates and New Scientific Results
From: Ian Mann (imann at ualberta.ca)

We invite participation in the annual ULTIMA meeting during mini-GEM.

The ULTIMA meeting will take place during mini-GEM from 9am to 12 noon on Sunday 10th December 2017 during the Mini GEM workshop at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

See  http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem-mini/

(note we will start at 9am, although we have the room available from 8am).

The GEM mini-workshop are asking people to register online at the web site (no cost) before 8th December 2017 in order to track numbers (on a voluntary basis).

Short contributions are welcome on the science and space weather topics relating to ground-based magnetometers.

Please contact the Chair and Secretary of ULTIMA Ian Mann (imann at ualberta.ca) and Peter Chi (pchi at igpp.ucla.edu) if you wish to give a talk.

(IMPORTANT: Do not use this web page to post announcements.)

For any other questions, please contact Peter Chi, GEM Communications Coordinator, at <pchi at igpp.ucla.edu>

URL of GEM Home Page:  http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki
Workshop Information:  http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem/index.html