[W6YRA] Repeater SWR

Ryan Caron rcaron at igpp.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 15 19:50:01 PDT 2014

All,

I picked up another SWR meter ( http://amzn.com/B002KYE190 ) since we
began to suspect the validity of the AWM-23 meter we had been using
since it is showing a higher SWR and lower output power than where we
had started.

Unfortunately it is consistent, with a SWR of about 1.8:1 and a power
out of the duplexer of a little over 20W.

This is unusual since the repeater antenna, when hooked up to the
MFJ-269 analyzer, shows a much lower SWR of about 1.4:1. So either it,
or the jumper cables used during the test, are suspect.

If anybody has any PL259 or N jumper cables, or UHF SWR meters or
analyzers, I'd appreciate a second opinion.

--
73,
Ryan