[W6YRA] W6YRA HAB Planning Meeting - 1 Feb, 3PM

Kyle Colton kycolton at ucla.edu
Thu Jan 30 15:17:06 PST 2014

We'll be having another planning meeting for the high altitude balloon
(HAB) this Saturday, 1 February starting at around 3pm (immediately after
the class). Last week, the class ended a bit early, around 2:30pm, and if
it does, we'll start the planning meeting then.

Last week, we mostly talked about the general idea and mission
requirements, this week, I'd like to go in depth more on some of the design
trades (packet reporting, flight termination, sensory, etc). We may also
give out a few research projects to be reported on next week.

I made a document detailing all the research I've done and all the plans
I've made. It's attached (both in PDF and LaTeX form). It's definitely a
preliminary draft and I may have made mistakes (in design or in writing).

As always, it is strongly recommended you attend the class if you want to
participate in the HAB project.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

73,

Kyle Colton
KK6ENG