[W6YRA] General Meeting Minutes (10/9/17) and a New Meeting Time?

Benjamin Domae bw.domae.1910 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 22:12:38 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Would anyone want a different time?  If someone requests a different time
I'll send out a doodle poll to see when people are available.

Here are some notes from yesterday's meeting.  Primarily, we were
brainstorming ideas for future projects for this year.

*Club Officers for the year:*
- President - Micah Cliffe
- Treasurer - Alex Gonzalez
- Secretary - Ben Domae
- Cheerleader - Lydia Bingley

*Ideas for this year's projects:*
- Moonbounce (EME) station - ask to use the extra ELFIN earth station yagis
that were too large
- 900 MHz setup - cheap equipment and a new band to play with
- Communicate with the ISS - need to check on the regulations for this/if
there's even a ham onboard now
- Digital link with one of Corbin's friends in San Diego
- Get involved with Field day or an ARRL competition
(Top Priority items)
- *Finally reinstall the VHF repeater* - It's been waiting for many months
now...
- *Evaluate and repair the existing antennas on the roof the shack* - Also
has been waiting for a long time
- *Find funding/donations for projects and repairs*- Spark/crowdfunding
campaign, email letter looking for spare equipment from past members, etc.
- *Get on the repeater!* - Get practice with your handhelds or even call in
via echolink
- *Get new members/licensed students!* - Focus on setting up projects to
attract new members.  Assist Lydia/other Bruin Space members in getting
licenses.

*Next Week's Plan:*
- Micah - Make sure we have paperwork filled out
- Alex, Ben - Look into funding options
- Diagnose the repairs for the roof antennas, schedule a time to reinstall
the VHF repeater

Thanks,
Ben