[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Phishing emails from EPSS addresses

SALYARDS, STEPHEN salyards at epss.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 17 08:57:15 PDT 2017

Greetings,
  Over the last few days we have been receiving a number of notifications that EPSS email addresses are being used as return address on phishing emails. At the moment our best information seems to point to the addresses being harvested from email lists and not to intrusions into EPSS machines.

We are trying to collect enough information to take steps to stop these emails but it is a bit of a moving target in the phishing world.

We will keep you posted as we learn more or steps are taken.
Thanks
Steve Salyards
CSC
EPSS/UCLA