[IGPP Everyone] [EPSS Everyone] Multi-Factor Authentication hardware order

SALYARDS, STEPHEN salyards at epss.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:49:37 PDT 2017

Good day,
   First, my thanks to those of you who have already signed up for MFA for your UCLA Logon ID. At the present time about a quarter of you have and we are here to work with you in the next two weeks as the deadline approaches.

   In considering our order of hardware devices for the new MFA system, I have received a wide range of responses. Many of you have installed the DUO Mobile app and found it perfectly satisfactory for using the system. Others that I have spoken with have concerns about using a smartphone for this and being out of phone data communications so a hardware solution is an option they want.

So to assess the level of demand for the hardware solution I would ask that you reply to me from this email and I will put together a list of those interested to start our order rolling. Once we have a level of interest in the next couple of days we will give specific information to those interested related to the $20 charge and paying or recharging for the devices.

Thanks for your help
Steve